G’day everyone. Well it is officially the coldest start to summer in 51 years, and if it continues to next week it will be the coldest start to summer since 1936, which makes it hard to know when and what to plant.
Once again not much whole lettuce and our tomatoes and basil is coming on slow, though we do have some. We also have some Romano beans or Italian flat beans, and purple beans. i have a recipe for garlic beans with crushed pecans. I have put the Romano beans in the recipe but you could use either or both.
Garlicky Romano Beans with Crushed Pecans
Total Prep Time: approximately 10 minutes
Servings: approximately 6
· 4 cups Romano beans
· 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
· 1 tablespoon crushed pecans or walnuts
· 3 small cloves of minced garlic
· ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
· 1 tablespoon of grated or shredded parmesean cheese
· Salt to taste
· Add Romano beans to boiling water
· Boil beans for approximately 5-8 minutes or until tender
· When beans are boiling, in a small bowl, mix extra virgin olive oil, pecans or walnuts, garlic, rosemary, and parmesan cheese together (dressing mixture)
· Once beans are done cooking and tender, remove from stove, drain water, place back in pan or in a medium bowl, add the dressing mixture and salt to taste.
Hope you enjoy and we will see you at the market.